One-Point Perspective3-D object and space represented on a 2-D surface and radiates from one point on a horizon line.
One-Point Inspirational Word Drawing Assignment:Choose an Inspirational Word such as Inspire
Draw block letters using a ruler for accuracy.
Draw a vanishing point. And horizon line.
Connect the letters to the vanishing point, reflecting a 3D form.
Color the Inspirational word.
Vincent Van Gogh• born in Groot-Zundert,
Holland on March 30, 1853
• In 1886 met Pissaro and Gaugin and imitated the Impressionist style-swift brushstrokes.
• Pioneer of Expressionism style-emotional intensity of color and brushstrokes.
• 1888-Yellow House in Arles-plans to found art school for artists.
• Mental illness led to asylum in Saint Remy.
• Died in 1890.
• Emotion using color.• Convey personal feelings.
• Distorted form.• Movement using swift
Self-Portrait of Vincent Van Gogh, 1889.
“I put my heart and soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process. ”- Van Gogh
- How does the use of color affect the emotion of the portrait?
Bedroom in Arles by Vincent Van Gogh, 1888
One-Point Perspective Drawing:Rubric 20 points each.
• Create an Artist copy of Vincent Van Gogh’s Arles Bedroom and Imitate Expressionism technique.
• Change the room to make it your own, perhaps checkered floors, window, be creative and colorful.
• Use one-point perspective rule (vanishing point, horizon line).
• Craftsmanship-neatness• Artist Statement and stayed on task, use your
• Expressionism emphasized on the artist’s interpretation and emotion rather than the object.
• In what way does music provide the same emphasis?